Are these things more important than edits to talking points? Judge for yourself.
1. Carbon pollution reaches historic highs, threatening human existence
2. The devastating impact of sequestration on kids, cancer patients and first responders.
3. Massive cuts to food stamps for the most vulnerable.
4. 1,100 workers die in a Bangladesh factory collapse, and American retailers continue business as usual.
5. 4,150 gun deaths from gun violence since Newtown.
If we find ourselves unwilling to reflect on our practice and/or explain our rationale to parents, other teachers, or students, then we need to ask ourselves if we are giving our best to our colleagues and our students.