This is a copy of an email I just sent to my families:
I hope you are...
My sister will be getting her doctorate before me.
Cutest thing ever.
For my gifted biology students who were somehow unable to turn in their lab reports today because they were on a field trip, even though:
1) They were actually in the building for three out of six classes
2) They have known the due date of the lab reports since the beginning of the school year
3) The hurricane gave them two extra days
4) I reminded everyone online that lab reports were still due
5) It is clearly outlined in the syllabus that if you are in the building on the day something is due, then it is due
6) They know that I love accepting electronic work
7) Three of them did manage to turn it in in spite of missing my class
So, not bad at all, actually. LATE.